18 Life-Changing Ideas For 2018 (Your Most Successful Year Ever)
1. Speak your mind with confidence and own your ideas. You are awesome and the world needs you.
2. Ask “Will this matter in a year?” The color of the balloons at your event will not, but decisions that create lasting change in your organization will. Invest in things that matter.
3. Celebrate the success of others. Another chapter got the PNM you wanted? Celebrate that she joined Greek Life. You can still be friends with them and her.
4. Get enough sleep.
5. Be kind.
6. Call your parents often. A sorority sister of mine lost her father in college and every year during our Dad’s day event, she’d remind us that you always think you have enough time. Call your parents today.
7. Start writing down accomplishments for your Mega Resume. You’ll be glad you have the detailed dates and information when it’s time to find your big-deal job.
8. Think like a risk-taker. Thinking and acting like a risk-taker is more important than many of us realize. It’s the path to confidence and change. Think like a risk-taker until you know you’re a risk-taker.
9. Keep the main thing as the main thing. Remember what is most important in your life right now and keep it as the most important thing.
10. Make relationships a priority. College is a unique community that forces relationships. It’s important to make friends now, because it can feel very lonely when you get into the real world. Your college friends could be your friends for the rest of your life. Invest in the relationships now.
11. Drink enough water.
12. Listen more than you talk.
13. Spend time outside. Breathe in that fresh air; you’ll feel better soon.
14. Invest in getting to know your alumni. They are a valuable network of people who care about you and your success. And they were just like you at one point. They’ll be glad to reminisce and you’ll benefit from the life advice.
15. Eat fruits & vegetables every day.
16. Spend less than you earn.
17. Make progress every day. Even if you only have 15 minutes, you can probably accomplish something. Small progress daily results in big success and accomplishments.
18. Realize your significant impact. You matter. You make a difference. You are valuable. Share yourself with others.